5.16.2008

fellow pba (pinkberry addict) story

Ok - this is a story from a fellow pb addict from CA whose name is being withheld to protect the innocent. :)

"Before coming to j-----, I was working a ton and my schedule was really crazy. BUT, PB was in Old Town Pasadena (10 minutes and its gorgeous there),but who wants to go there EVERY time I need a fix...? You know where I am going with this...so,eventually I was ordering say, 5-6 larges at a time, with all of my toppings TO GO. Some days I would change up the toppings a bit and they'd get all confused, and I'd end up getting extra mochi or something. I know, ITS GENIUS. You see, PB really is a problem for me. My point? Every time I would go in there, this girl would say out loud in front of the whole fucking store "UH-OH, here comes a big order!!!"
Needless to say, I began simply writing my orders down on paper for the simpletons to pour over. At times I would get shorted, but by then my extras from last time (still in the fridge) would cover me. Again, GENIUS I know, but it all boils down to a really sad fact: I am a certified PB junkie. Stick THAT in your blog and smoke it."

and I thought I was bad? ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Good story but now I'm thinking if I should stop by Pinkberry. I'm not sure I want to be an addict. LOL! But that's not such a bad addiction to have, I don't think.

I passed by the Pinkberry near me yesterday and it was very crowded. One of these days, I'll go inside. Any recommendations on what to try first? The one you mention below doesn't sound so bad (with the bananas). Hmmm...

Paz

Melissa Wadman said...

Oh - you're asking the wrong person - I apparently want everyone to share in my addiction ;)

as far as firsts - I personally think you can't go wrong with mango or pineapple and if you like gummy/chewy things you should try the mochi. Please keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Cool! I'll start with the Mango. I LOVE mango. ;-) Sure, I'll let you know when I go. I passed by today the store and it was crowded. It always seems to be crowded. Interesting.

Paz